Monday

Cuff Weekend

I was busy and in heaven this weekend. I finally had a weekend when I could create again. It feels like it's been eons since I've had a chance to pull fabrics, buttons, beads and stuff out to create with. It has been a busy last few months.

romance and lace
For the Romantic

Many good things happening and then not so good...my mother in law passed away in September and it's the little things that you pick up and a memory of something she said or did hits you like a jolt. With her death I have also revisited the memory of many other people whom I loved and cherished and who I have lost over the years.

Victorian Gothic Cuff
Simply Victorian


We still have a couple of weekends of yards sales to have...but this weekend was mine!

Jane Austen leather and lace
Do you love Jane Austen



leather cuff with enamel button
A weekend in the woods
 And, there's more on their way....  plus, there will be a metal working weekend real soon too! Oh, and see that button on the last cuff...one of my first buttons from my enameling class. I can't even tell you how much fun enameling is!

7 reviews:

Three Sheep Studio said...

Your work is beautiful !
I adore the enamel button - just the right touch.
Rose

Cait Throop said...

Yummy, yummy cuffs, Rose!! But I'm so sorry about your Mother-in-Law...so hard to lose our loved ones. Sending hugs!

WindyRiver said...

Sorry to hear about your mother in law. The cuffs are lovely! I have always enjoyed your work -

Waterrose said...

three sheep....thanks so much...I love making the enamel buttons.

Waterrose said...

thanks cait...it was an unexpected loss, so all the more traumatic.

Waterrose said...

WR...thanks so much. I just took a look at your blog, your cuffs are lovely!

Abby / Linda said...

Love having time to be creative! Recently a friend did "inchies" Little bits of fabric, buttons, lace, etc. that could be made into tiny mini quilts, then used to embellish other items! Awesome! Yay! for creative days!

Related Posts with Thumbnails