Saturday

Key Triangulation Part I


He whispered, the tunnel. I heard his whisper echoing around me as I made my way through this catacomb of tunnels. I shivered. Pulling my wool jacket collar closely against my neck and placing my hand in my pocket to make sure it still contained the envelope. I couldn’t remember the last time I was here. In daylight it was a beautiful place to some. The gears, the sound, the smell. Mechanical genius built this city. Now I’m on the hunt for the answer. I pray that the contents of the envelope will somehow lead me to that end.

I found the envelope yesterday, quite by accident, among his books, sketches and writings. A tattered envelope that appeared to have casually fallen from the book., or had it? I lifted the envelope; it had a weight that seemed peculiar. The contents shifted and I found the key. It was forged as a tiny thing. It was not the only item contained within, but the only one that I can speak of right now. The key is small with round symmetrical holes in a special triangulation. Gears. I’ve seen this design before but my memory does not serve me well at the moment. I am distracted by a sound and I hold my breath.

6 reviews:

storybeader said...

a sound in a dark underground tunnel! Oh no! cute wrist cuff!

Sue Choppers-Wife said...

Love this...the story and the piece! Will this (hopefully) be a continuing saga?

Cheryl said...

more! don't leave us hanging! gorgeous cuff.

twolefthands said...

I do love a mystery, please continue! Gorgeous cuff!

Waterrose said...

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your comments and there will be more!

Cthings said...

Wow, are you writing a novel! That is wonderfully written. Very beautiful colors and very creative cuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails