Thursday

She Wore Blue Velvet


I've had some hand dyed velvet in my stash for a while now. I purchased it from someone on Etsy and didn't end up using it for a project that I had in mind. I spied it as I was looking for something else...and well....I didn't find that something else...lol  But as soon as I touched that velvet I thought about how luxurious that would feel around my wrist...or your wrist!

I started gathering some pieces of tatting, lace, buttons and fiber and came up with this.  Guess what?  Now my work table is a mess again...but I'm not going to clean it up right away.  I have another velvet cuff to make...it's a bit darker blue then this one!

Oh, do you like that song "she wore blue velvet" by Bobby Vinton?  Did you ever see the movie American Graffiti?






4 reviews:

Unknown said...

So pretty! I'm glad you found he velvet instead of what you were looking for.

Cait Throop said...

Oh yeah, I remember that song! Love the romance of that cuff, Rose!! xo

Wikid said...

A beautiful message woven in blue velvet
You always amaze me , you

FoundVintageStyle said...

this is gorgeous rose!
I love antique velvet and that color is yummy...

Related Posts with Thumbnails