Friday

A Drive Through Arizona and Peridot

On July 5th we decided to head east on the 60 and then the 70 to see that part of the state. For some reason we generally don't go very far in that direction. In the photos of the eagle and the dam and after leaving San Carlos, just across the 70 is a town called Peridot. We didn't go there since it is on Apache Reservation land, but I was surprised when Etsy announced that Peridot was the August gemstone. Peridot is only found in five US states. It would be fun to look for; however, it is on reservation land so no treasure hunting for us! Guess we'll just have to stick with panning for gold!


There was a pair of Eagles, but they were quite far away. To get a close up I can only show one.
Below is an interesting dam in San Juan lake. The architecture of the dam has an art deco feel to it. I want to go back and look at this area a little more closely.

Pima Cotton Field

I love this sign ....the salsa trail

13 reviews:

Eline Oftedal said...

This made good reading! Thank you for shareing!
Best wishes,
Eline

Sharon Day said...

Great pic's! I think the best you can do in that area is to go to some of the places that let you look for apache tears. I've been meaning to do some panning. I even have a metal detector. My in-laws have a place in Cherry and they're always saying they'd like me to come up and give it a try.

picciolo said...

your trips are always interesting, that dam is amazing!
: )

selahestelle said...

I love that dam picture! Our dams in Texas aren't nearly so artsy.

Linda E. Pruitt said...

Thanks for the tour! I love the farm land against the mountain background! And the art-deco dam is a great picture! Thanks!

Vintage Inspired Jewelry said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks so much for sharing...Kathi

voiceofbragg said...

Would you like to swap links, if so put http://voiceofbragg.com up and email me at randy.bragg@yahoo.com after you do it and i will put yours up on mine, have a great day....

Sherry said...

Rose,
I missed you. No, I didn't know you were moving. I hope it's something you are happy about. Now, I just followed your blog, so I can keep up with your happenings.
Thanks for stopping by,
xoSherry

Unknown said...

Rose, you do such a lovely blog - and these are fabulous pics!

I left you some "love" on my blog. Be sure to check it out!

http://zaftigdelights.blogspot.com

Sandie

Ramadan Day Sms said...

Thanks for all of you forsharing your thinkings here.

motorcycle accessories said...

these places are looks fantastic and terrific. i thinks you have a great trip.

Leather clothing said...

I like these all pictures but mostly like dam pictures, your tour was so interesting. thanks for share these information.

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Loved your pictures, especially the one with the dam and the cotton field with the sunlit mountains.

Related Posts with Thumbnails