I made these a while ago, but thought I would share them with everyone. I have these three narrow windows that look out into my backyard, but the windows don't open. They face west, so it will be rare that I need to open the shades. I fell in love with the texture of vintage barkcloth many years ago and decided that was what I wanted to use to make Roman Shades. So, of course, I scoured the internet looking for just the right design. I found this beautiful yellow hibiscus pattern.... on...shhh....the other E site and was lucky enough to get it.
edge the panels. I've also been collecting various seashell beads and used that to make the bottom trim. I found the cute wrought iron tie backs at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I was extremely intimidated about making these Roman shades since I've heard such horror stories about how hard they are to make. I proceeded carefully...following the measure twice, cut once golden rule. They turned out perfectly!
On one of my thrift-store treasure hunts I found this lovely flamingo!